jueves, 12 de mayo de 2016

Homophones II

Homophones ....

.....  are words which sound exactly the same but have different meaning and spelling. Getting to know them could help you with your pronuntiation and your listening skills.
I am going to give you two sentences, an easy one -to build up your confidence- and a difficult one -to challenge you- so that you tell me the homophones, which I give you just with the phonetic transcription:

Your /sΛn/  was playing in the /sΛn/.
The /stɔ:k/ ate the /stɔ:k/ of the cherry.

...and now ... could you think of more examples using homophones in the same sentence??? Please share your examples in the comment box.


7 comentarios:

Mercè dijo...

I guess the sentence is the stork ate the stalk of the cherry.
Next:-)he knows that he has a big nose.
Yesterday i ate a pair of pears

Encarna dijo...

you can see big ships in the sea
if you are bored you can write on your small board

the teacher dijo...

That's great girls!!!
Thank you Mercè and Encarna!!
I hope other students get the spirit and leave more homophones on the comment box.
xxx

Anónimo dijo...

There we go! Before my pop /bænd/ was /bænd/ from that festival, /wɜː/ we first met /fɔː/ years before, I used /tuː/ /raɪt/ on /sʌm//raɪt/ angles, and on /streɪt/ angles /tuː/, when we /tuː/ /wɜː/ crossing the /streɪt/, just as a pastime, because I can't barely /siː/ the /siː/ when we /seɪl/ in /aʊə/ boat -now on /seɪl/ /fɔː/ a pretty /sʌm/-, for more than one /aʊə/. So, good /baɪ/.

/baɪ/ Pascual ;)

Anónimo dijo...

I think the hole of the doughnut is even more expensive that the whole of the doughnut.

Maria J Pajuelo dijo...

I am impressed!!!
Thank you for all your examples!!

Lourdes VP dijo...

Also PLANE and PLAIN?. My son has failed this word in his Natural Science exam.