jueves, 20 de marzo de 2014

Culture Shock

 We have studied stereotypes recently and we agreed we are different. We are also aware of the fact that there is much more to knowing a country and its people than just visiting it and -hopefully- talking the language. It is important to know certain things not to have to regret awkward situations. I would like you to read the article published in Speak Up Magazine number 314 and then, tell us if you have ever had one of these situations in which things got confused due to culture shock.

3 comentarios:

Leo dijo...

Hello!
I know it´s no related to the post, but this joke bring you all to my mind. I hope you´ll enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUlu0PN1So

Roma dijo...

Well, maybe it's not a real shock but being portuguese I cannot adapt to the spanish protocol of not using your knife with some food, like eggs or salads. I always make a mess eating in these situations and I'm not a messy girl. Also, I cannot talk to people informally as you all do in Spain, so people think I'm being standoffish and it's just my culture.

Puri dijo...


I have no experiences about culture shock, but I've found this video, and although it doesn't have either a polite vocabulary or a good pronunciation,it seems amusing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_N1Cmt_QB0&list=RDF_N1Cmt_QB0